Saturday, October 12, 2019

Hatfields & McCoys : Part 4


==========
October 11th, 2019
Norman, OK
Off Camera
==========

Few things surprise Glory Braddock these days.  When you have grown up, born and raised, in and around the professional wrestling business as long as Glory Braddock has, you witness and experience many strange things.  Thus she can honestly say that very little can take her by surprise.  And yet what happened this past Breakdown in Oklahoma City was most definitely a surprise.  The British Bombshell was not expecting to be approached by Sienna Swann, who would ask her for an alliance; but what really shocked her to her core was the fact that her own  cousin, Angelica Jones, seemed to be endorsing this alliance.

Her immediate reaction was shock, followed by anger that her cousin would throw her lot in with someone like Sienna Swann.  All of that finally evolved into confusion.  This isn’t the Angelica Jones who Glory Braddock remembers.  This isn’t her family member, her cousin who helped her prepare for Rise To Greatness.

Something is definitely not as it appears to be; thus whether it be out of interest, sheer curiosity, or maybe even concern for her cousin, Glory Braddock sits in wait in the lobby of her hotel, the Embassy Suites in Norman, Oklahoma this morning.  Supreme Championship Wrestling is holding a house show here in Norman, Oklahoma so Braddock felt it would be the perfect place to arrange a meeting with her cousin.  Angelica has not been traveling with Supreme Championship Wrestling since Rise To Greatness but she remembers the schedule. She knows the drill.

The British Bombshell is wearing tight black pants and black high heeled boots as well a red top that shows off her midriff.  She wears a denim jacket and her blonde hair hangs unrestrained to below her shoulders.  The look of impatience on her face tells the story of a woman who is upset with her cousin and wants answers.  She wants answers now.

“Looking for someone?”

A distracted Braddock looks up to find her cousin, Angelica Jones, walking towards her with a spring in her step.  The Dragon is wearing a black skirt that falls to just below her knee, black high heeled patent leather pumps, and a floral print black blouse.  Her long red hair is pulled into a ponytail in the back.  A somewhat arrogant, smug even, look is etched across her face.  Jones must have just arrived, Glory reasons, as she stands up to greet her cousin halfway.

“It took you long enough.” Braddock remarks with a coldness in her voice. Angelica lets a small giggle escape her lips.

“You always were a little impatient, Gloria.”

“Glory.” Braddock says, still with her unfriendly cold tone of voice. “My name is Glory.”

“Oh excuse me...Glory…” Angelica winks as she extends a hand “...my name is Angel!  Nice to meet you!”

“Real cute, Angelica.” The British Bombshell swats her hand away.  “Look, just follow me.”

Braddock turns and walks past Angelica, expecting her to follow which, luckily she does.  “Where are we going, Gloria...uh, I mean Glory?”

“They’re still serving breakfast.  We can get something to eat while you tell me what the ever bloody hell has gotten into you.”

This causes more laughter to come from Angelica Jones but Glory chooses to ignore it rather than berate her again.  Braddock leads her a short distance away from the lobby and into another room just a short distance away.  Chairs and tables are set up and so people can sit and eat in peace.  There is a buffet set up with various, assorted breakfast foods.  Braddock leads Jones through the line.  The British Bombshell takes a plate and looks at her choices, which are many, including eggs, bacon, sausage links, fruits, toast, and even cereal.  Braddock only gets a few eggs and stops to get a glass of orange juice.  Angelica, by contrast, gets eggs, sausage links, bacon, and gets a glass of water.  The Dragon follows her cousin to a table near a window where they sit down.  Braddock stares a hole through her cousin, almost as if she expects her to make the first move.  Angelica, however, remains unphased as she takes her fork and digs into the eggs, shoveling some into her mouth.

“Mmmm…these eggs are delightful!”

“Can you be serious for just a moment, mate?” Glory asks incredulously.  Angelica just nods her head.

“I am being serious.  These eggs are good; you should try them.”

Braddock rolls her eyes. “Forget the eggs, Angelica!  There is a reason we are here meeting like this and it isn’t for the bloody breakfast!”

“It isn’t?” Angelica asks feigning confusion. “But you just said this place served breakfast.”

“Look…” Glory’s voice trails off as she leans forward, her next words come out almost as a growl “...you can take this seriously or I can leave and forget all about your new BFF’s proposal.  Are we clear?”

“Crystal.” Angelica chuckles as she puts her fork down and takes a sip of her water. “It is easy to make you angry, though.”

“Look at who is talking.” Glory remarks pointing an accusatory finger back at her cousin “You are the one with the redheaded temper.”

“Fair enough.  I was just trying to lighten the mood, though.  That’s all.  I mean, I had a sneaky suspicion that you were not too keen on my friendship with Sienna Swann.”

Braddock nods her head, confirming Angelica’s suspicions.  “That would be an understatement, love.  I mean, how the hell does someone like you get associated with someone like her anyway?”

“Through my sister, mostly.” Angelica begins. “Both were models before and during their run in professional wrestling. Both Sienna and Kayla suffered neck injuries that nearly ended their careers way too soon.  It is only natural that the two of them would gravitate towards one another and, eventually, so would I.”

“I still don’t get it.” The British Bombshell sighs and shakes her head in disbelief.

“What don’t you get?  You and Sienna have mutual enemies.  You and Sienna are the same in how gorgeous you both are, how damn good both of you are inside the ring, and…”

“But I don’t need the likes of her to help me achieve what I want!” Braddock snaps back, interrupting Angelica.  Again The Dragon remains unphased by her cousin’s outburst but just chuckles ever so slightly.

“Funny you should say that.  The way I remember it Rise To Greatness and the SCW World Championship was yours to lose until Abigail Lindsey got involved on behalf of Syren.  Syren had back up, she had an ally and that ally cost you the match.”

“Maybe so, but I am getting an opportunity to right that wrong at Under Attack.” Glory points out.

“Ah yes, the elimination chamber.  And lets go over your opponents, shall we?  Syren...you and Sienna both agree that she shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near the world title scene any longer.  Alistaire Allocco, you and Sienna both detest Allocco, and for similar reasons; as champion he said neither of you deserved another title shot.  James Evans…” Angelica’s voice trails off.  Braddock arches her brow.

“Are you really going to speak ill of your former best mate?”

“Guess not.” Jones sighs. “I still like the crazy bastard.  So lets just skip him and move on to Owen Cruze, the new world champion.  I mean I guess he proved himself worthy by beating Alistaire at Apocalypse but tell me, did he do ANYTHING to earn that opportunity?”

Braddock stares into her cousin’s eyes for an unknown period of time.  The British Bombshell has long since tried to justify Sasha’s decision to grant Owen a title opportunity but has yet to come up with any good reasons.  The silence from Glory Braddock speaks volumes to Angelica Jones, who simply chuckles in response.

“Just as I figured.  You can tell, just as easily as Sienna can tell, that Owen did nothing to earn his title opportunity.   You earned your opportunity at Rise To Greatness through the Trios Tournament.  Alistaire earned his at Taking Hold of the Flame. Owen did nothing to earn any opportunities and you know this.  Why you do not speak out against this, why you silently endorse this, is beyond me.”

“None of your business, Angelica.” Braddock spits.

“What is it?  Do you worry about the fans booing you?  Do you really care that much about how the people view you?  You used to call yourself The Best in the World.  You didn’t use to care what other people thought because you let your actions inside the ring speak louder than your words.  That’s how it should be.  Instead people like Owen who did nothing to deserve their opportunity are being handed everything while people like you and Sienna who deserve an opportunity are being denied.”

Angelica’s words hit home for The British Bombshell.  If she is truly honest with herself then she would have to agree that Owen did not deserve the title shot and maybe she is holding back her opinion just because she is worried about the crowd reaction.  She didn’t used to care but now?  Now maybe she does?

“I will admit that you make some good points.” Glory begins quietly. Angelica smiles confidently. “Alistaire ducking me after Rise To Greatness did piss me off.  As for Owen?  He is the future, Angel.  You and Sienna may not like it but he is young and he is the future of this industry.  People like him, Peyton Rice, and others, they are the future.  Now was Apocalypse too soon for him to be propelled into this spotlight?  That’s arguable.  But he was put there and he won.”

“And so that makes it right?” Angelica asks.

“I didn’t say that.  What it does mean is that if you want to take it away from him you have to prove that you are better than him.  That’s how this sport works, love.  Plain and simple.”

“That’s what I’m trying to tell you!” Angelica exclaims. “You and Sienna deserve the opportunity to take it off of him!”

“There you go again.” Braddock sighs and shakes her head in disappointment. “It always goes back to Sienna, which is where we part ways.  All of your points are excellent, love, but the thing is Sienna and I have different motivations.  She wants it for the glory, the fame, the spotlight.  Me?  I’m just a competitor to the core. I want to do justice by this sport of professional wrestling.”

The British Bombshell holds up one finger. “Just one shot against Owen is all I need.  If I beat him then yes, I’ll hold that title high over my head and shout to the rafters that I am the Best in the World.  If I lose then I’ll shake Owen’s hand, congratulate him, and tell him that he was the best on that night.  That is what wrestling is and should be about, love.  Until then, as for being the Best in the World?  Everyone can call me that if they want.  Lots of my fans do.  Hell, some wrestlers do.  But I won’t call myself that again until the world championship is within my possession and if I have to prove myself inside the chamber then so be it.”

“Such a saint!” Angelica says beaming across the table at her cousin. “No one is asking you to do anything that is against your morals.  Just do what you do best in that chamber; win it all.  I mean, I want YOU to win, not Sienna.  But having Sienna on your GOOD side cannot hurt now can it; especially not considering you and her along with Bree Lancaster will be on the same side on Breakdown.”

“I remember.” Braddock remarks stoically.

“Good, and when the time comes you remember what I said.”

==========
October 13th, 2019
Miami, Florida
Off Camera
==========

“So she wanted you to work with Sienna?”

This is the rather confused voice of one Kurt Logan, husband of Glory Braddock.  Kurt is in the kitchen while his wife is lying down comfortably on a black leather sofa in the living room.  Sitting down on the floor is Braddock’s daughter, Melinda.  There is an unsettling arua about the Braddock household right now. For starters, neither Kurt nor Melinda expected Glory Braddock to entertain Sienna’s proposal; but then when she learned that Angelica herself is encouraging it?  Glory had to sit and hear her cousin and what she had to say.  The unsettled feeling in the home isn’t entirely Sienna and Angelica related.  In a few minutes they know that they will be breaking bread with an arch rival family; the Van Stanton family.

It is a feud reminiscent of that between the Hatfields and the McCoys.  There are many theories surrounding what started the infamous rivalry between the Hatfields and the McCoys but no one truly knows yet what the actually started the blood feud.  The cause of the feud between the Braddock family and the Van Stanton family is well known; it started with a match between Glenn Braddock and Thomas Van Stanton.  In what had to have been a simple unintentional accident, Thomas Van Stanton severely injured Braddock’s back, forcing him to retire from wrestling.  Their children continued this feud with Glory Braddock on many occasions battling both Mason Van Stanton and his older brother Henry.  It is here where the story take a unique turn and goes from being like the Hatfields and the McCoys to being more like the Shakespearean tragedy Romeo and Juliet.  In this case, Melinda representing Juliet Capulet has begun dating Archie Van Stanton, son of Henry, and the stand in for Romeo Montague.

It was truly a shock at first for everyone, especially Glory who was adamantly opposed to this proposition.  Yet upon thinking about it The British Bombshell has come to realize that perhaps she does need to look at this from a different perspective?  Perhaps she should give Archie a chance?  He is not his father.  He is his own person.  And the fact is that everyone can and should change.  Just because this feud has been going on for decades does not mean that it must continue.  If Melinda and Archie are the two to end this feud then so be it.  Glory is willing to keep an open mind about it.  She is even willing to meet the young man....

...today, in her own home, for dinner.

“That’s it, yeah.” Glory answers Kurt. “She wants me to work with Sienna.”

“You told her to shove it, right mom?” Melinda asks in a hopeful tone.  Glory sighs deeply.

“It isn’t that simple, love.  I do not agree with Sienna and her methods.  I do not agree with what The Beauty Factory represent.  But the fact is that Sienna and I ARE on the same side on Breakdown.”

“Just because Sasha put you on the same side as that witch doesn’t mean that you have to work with her!”

“What would you rather I do?” Glory asks, looking at Melinda curiously. “Fight Bree and Sienna?  Make it four on two?”

“Yes!” Melinda exclaims. “It would serve those two stuck up bitches right!”

“She is definitely your daughter.” Kurt says as he enters the room.  Braddock swings her legs over and sits upright, giving her husband room to sit down on the sofa which he does.  He kisses her on the cheek.  Braddock sighs as she turns and looks down at her daughter Melinda.

“Mel, this is a competitive sport and the integrity of this sport will only be maintained if its traditions and values are upheld.  That is what I believe in.  Sienna may not be the most beloved individual on the SCW roster but turning on her and Bree or even just simply abandoning them, refusing to compete, if I any way make this a handicap situation for them then I am betraying the integrity of the competitive nature of this sport.  While I may not agree with her methods I have to be a professional and do my part, if only for one night.  It’s what professionals do.”

“And what if Sienna and Bree don’t act like professionals?” Melinda shoots back.  Kurt smirks knowingly as he winks at his wife.

“You know, the girl asks a good question.”

“I’ll cross that bridge when I get there.  Until then, we have a different bridge to cross.  When is Archie supposed to arrive?”

“He still has ten more minutes mom.” Melinda asks, rolling her eyes. “You don’t have to sound so freaking impatient.”

“I’m not impatient, Mel.  I’m just….” her voice trails off, unable to find the right words.  Her husband Kurt finishes her thought for her.

“You’re nervous.  That’s all.  And no one blames you for being nervous.  Just give this, and Archie, a chance.”

“It’s easy for you to say, Kurt.” Glory remarks quietly. “My family has been burned by the Van Stanton family as long as I can remember.” The British Bombshell turns and casts a warm gaze at her daughter Melinda. “But for Melinda, I’m willing to try.  I mean, there’s no need for this or any bitter feud to continue on like this.  If Melinda believe she and Archie can end it, well I’m willing to keep an open mind and let them try.”

“That’s all we ask.” Kurt leans over and kisses Glory on the cheek again. Just then the doorbell is heard ringing.  Kurt gazes knowingly at his wife. “That’s him.”

“I’ll get it!” Before Kurt or Glory can react, Melinda hops up off of the floor and rushes out of the living room.  She is obviously planning on seeing her boyfriend first thing before anyone else.  Glory hugs Kurt tightly.

“Thanks for helping me out with this, love.”

“It’s my pleasure.  Besides, we ARE married, it isn’t like I can hide in my room the whole time leaving you alone with the kids.” Kurt says with a low chuckle in his voice.

“This is true.” Braddock remarks with a nod of her head.  A few moments later Melinda Braddock emerges with young Archie Van Stanton by her side.  The boy knows just as well as anyone else of the history between the families and thus there is a nervousness about him as he smiles politely and waves and Kurt Logan and Glory Braddock who have now stood and turned to face him.

“Uh, hi…” Archie says meekly.

“Greetings, Archie.” Glory says, also trying her best to sound polite. “I hope you found your way here safely?”

“I did.” He nods his head. “This is quite impressive place you have, Ms. Braddock; Melinda has never shown me her place until now.”

“Unlike some in this business, I do not like to flaunt my wealth and privilege for everyone to see.  I am privileged, I’ll admit it.  But I try to keep it down low and I try to use my standing in society to help everyone.”

“I can see.” Archie says, still observing the awesome sight of the luxurious living room.

“So what did you make us for dinner, dad?” Melinda asks quickly, wanting to quickly change the subject to avoid further awkwardness. “I’m starved and I’m sure Archie is too!”

“Prime rib.” Kurt says with a grin. “You are in store for a treat.  I make a mean steak.”

“I bet, Mr. Logan.” Archie says politely.

“Unfortunately the food isn’t quite ready.” Kurt checks the watch on his wrist. “In fact, I should probably go check on the steak.”

Kurt turns and walks out of the room.  This doesn’t make Glory or Melinda happy, as both shoot angry glares at Kurt Logan.  Archie remains as nervous as ever, which is understandable.  The British Bombshell knows that this is something she will have to confront anyway so she forces a friendly smile upon her face and motions for Melinda and Archie to join her on the sofa.

“Well, sit down.  We can get to know each other a little while we wait on Kurt.”

Melinda nods and then leads her nervous boyfriend deeper into the living room and over to the sofa.  Glory Braddock and Melinda sit down in unison and Archie sits down last in between the two women.  There is an incredibly awkward silence as Glory and Archie and Melinda just stare at one another in silence. Braddock finally breaks the silence with the only question she can think of, even if it may be a dumb one…

“So, uh, tell me about your family Archie?”

Despite the situation Archie finds himself in he cannot help but laugh a little at this question. “You don’t have to pretend, Ms. Braddock; I think you know all about my family.”

“You got me there!” Glory says, laughing herself, which also causes Melinda to laugh. This finally eases the tension and awkwardness within the room, which had grown quite thick.

“I will say though that much like you and Melinda, I am lucky.  I recognize that I was blessed to be born into the family I was born into.  Like yourself, I try to remind myself of that every day and I try to carry myself that way at all times.”

Braddock smiles warmly as she allows herself to relax further.  It appears to her as if this Van Stanton boy does have a good head on his shoulders.  Maybe he will be a good man for Melinda?

“It is very important to keep yourself grounded.” Glory remarks in response to Archie. “The fact is, despite mine and your father’s most recent rivalry, he was right to be wary of me.  I mean, there was a time in my life when I had let this wealth and privilege go to my head.”

Braddock shakes her head. “But I never want to go to that place again.  Never again.  And Archie, you can give your father a message; you can tell him that I thank him for looking out for GCW when I was unable to run it, I thank him for looking out for my best interests because maybe...just maybe...that is all he was trying to do.  And I give him my word that I will never return to that dark place again.”

Archie smiles back at The British Bombshell. “I will be sure to pass the message along, Ms. Braddock, I am certain dad will love to hear it.”

In all of the intensity of the discussion being had between representatives of these bitterly feuding families and the potential to have the feud ending right here and now, no one heard the front door opening and slamming shut.  In a few moments they are joined in the living room but not by Kurt Logan, who is still in the kitchen, but by Glenn Braddock.

“Dad?” Glory is surprised to see her father walk in.  He was not expected to be home until late as he was supposed to be with an attorney most of the day, making his plans for the end of his days.  Him not being here would have been ideal for The British Bombshell is not certain how her father would deal with Melinda dating a Van Stanton.  Glory may be able to move on from the past but she is far from certain that her father can.  For it was a Van Stanton who killed his dream of competing in the Olympics by ending his career with a back injury.  “What are you doing home this early?”

“Damn attorney was out of town.” He growls angrily. “God damn liars, the lot of them.  Why do I even have to deal with those fuckers?  It’s just a damn last will and testament!”

In his usual gruff voice that sound more like a monster from B-Rate Japanese monster movie, Glenn turns his icy glare to Archie and growls. “Who the hell is this?”

Once again this is where Melinda’s youth and exuberance wins the day as she starts speaking before anyone else in the room can, unfortunately her youth and exuberance will bite her in the ass this time, for she is naive to just how poorly her grandfather may take the news that she is dating a Van Stanton and she also is completely unaware that Glory has not informed Glenn of this news.

“Oh didn’t ya know, granddad?”  She motions to Archie. “This is Archie Van Stanton, my boyfriend.”

Glory was picturing this moment and dreading it in her head; her father blowing a gasket over the fact that his granddaughter is dating the granddaughter of the man who ended his wrestling career.  Braddock awaits for the impending explosion of anger and swearing and even braces herself for having to protect Archie’s physical well being from her incensed father.  Instead what she gets is much worse.

Her father’s eyes roll into the back of his head and he collapses to the floor.  He begins to convulse wildly.  The British Bombshell has seen this and knows exactly what is happening.

“Oh my God!  Dad!” Glory quickly leaps up and rushes to her father’s side.  He is having a seizure.

“Mom?!  Granddad?!” Melinda seems terrified.  Glory is crying as she shouts at her daughter.

“Get Kurt!  Now!”

==========
Ten Minutes Later
Off Camera
==========

This is not the first time Glenn Braddock has had a seizure.  The former wrestler known as Britain’s Best had one back in February.  It had been a little over eight months since his first and, up until today, only seizure.  Glory Braddock spoke with doctors shortly after the event and got thoroughly educated in how to handle another seizure if one were to happen.  One of the many lessons she learned was to notify 911 if the seizure lasted longer than five minutes.  In this case, her father started to come out of it after two.

But those were two of the longest, most agonizing minutes of Glory Braddock’s life.  It breaks her heart every time she sees Glenn on the floor, convulsing in pain, so weak and pale. It further drives home the point that he is no longer the strong superhero she knew and idolized growing up.  Soon she will lose him, whether she wants to admit it or not.  Despite all of this Braddock understands that she has to remain strong for her daughter, Melinda.  Young Melinda is terrified enough as it is.  She didn’t bear witness to the first seizure.  This one she was present and she watched the entire thing.

Glenn is lying on the black leather sofa in the living room.  He is alone right now but this is where Glory, Kurt, and Archie felt it was best to put him until he felt well enough to get up on his own.  His eyes are open and while he is awake and aware he is still not strong enough to get back to his feet.  The British Bombshell returns to the room with a glass of water.  She sits down in a chair next to her father.

“I brought you some water.” She hands him the glass of water which he accepts quietly.  “Do you remember who I am?”

“You’re my daughter who apparently likes to ask fucking foolish questions.” He growls angrily.  Glory chuckles, realizing that her father is slowly starting to become more and more like his old self again.

“Yeah, that’s me alright.” She says with a wink. “And I have to ask those questions whether you like it or not, dad.  Doctors orders.”

“Who told them that asking such foolishness was a bloody good idea?!”

“Professors at med school I’d imagine.” She shrugs her shoulders. “Don’t worry about that right now, dad. Just relax.  You need rest.”

“I can’t rest and I will fucking worry if I damn well please!” He tries to sit up but again his muscles are unable to move at his will.  He is far too weak and he quickly falls back to the sofa.  Glory sighs deeply.

“Please, dad.  Rest.  You’re lucky I didn’t call 911.  The least you can do for me is relax and rest.”

“Fine…” he growls under his breath “...where is my damn granddaughter?!”

“Melinda?” Glory asks curiously.  “She couldn’t handle it and left.  I can’t blame her, honestly.  She had never witnessed a seizure before.  So she was obviously a little shaken by it.”

“Is that boy with her?!” He asks angrily.

“Archie?  Yes, I would imagine so.”

Glenn shuts his eyes for a few moments. He reopens them and what Glory witnesses is a look of pure hatred. “Listen to me, Gloria, and listen damn good; when that girl of yours gets home you had better tell her to dump that piece of shit Van Stanton and never see him again!”

“What?!” Glory exclaims. “You have to be joking?!”

“I am damn serious!” He exclaims. “I do not want my granddaughter to see that bloody hooligan ever again!”

“Why not?  What’s wrong with the boy?” Glory knows the answer she will receive but she asks it anyway.

“You know god damn well what is wrong with him!” Glenn’s voice grows louder. “His damn father tried to end your career!  His bloody uncle is managing the guy who tried to RAPE your daughter!  His god damn grandfather ENDED my career!”

“Look dad, I know our family hasn’t gotten on well with the Van Stanton family but we have to move on from the past.  What Thomas Van Stanton did to you was an accident.  Shit like that happens in the ring all the time, he didn’t intend to end your career.  Henry may have been misguided but even I recognize he has had good intentions.  Mason may be a piece of crap but really that’s it.  And you cannot judge Archie based on the actions of his father, his uncle, or his grandfather.”

“I can judge that piece of bloody crap however I damn well want to!”

“Dad….” Glory starts but she is interrupted by her raging angry father.

“No, you listen!  If his name is Van Stanton then he is an enemy of this family and I don’t care how you bloody slice it!  You can try and justify this shit all you want in your head but understand this, and you can tell your daughter this too, you must pick a damn side!  Him or me!  Because I will not be associated with anyone who hangs out with a damn Van Stanton!  Not after the crap they’ve pulled against us!”

“You can’t mean that…” Tears are now flowing freely down Braddock’s cheek.  She is heartbroken.

“I do mean it!  Either he goes or you are no daughter of mine!  And the same goes for Melinda!”

The British Bombshell gets up and runs out of the room.  She is crying uncontrollably.  This is her father, the man she once idolized and worshipped.  This is the man who trained her to be a wrestler and led her to becoming The Best in the World.  These hurtful words from his mouth are too much for her to take.  She rushes upstairs and jumps onto the master bed, buries her face into her pillow and continues to cry…




==========
On Camera
==========

The opening chords of “When Legends Rise” by Godsmack begins to play.  Eventually an SCW logo appears in the background.  A few moments as the music picks up, the first chorus line begins and then “The British Bombshell” Glory Braddock steps into the scene from stage left.  The gorgeous blonde is wearing a wool dark purple skirt suit with a black button up silk blouse underneath the jacket of the suit, the skirt of the suit stopping just below the knee, and black patent leather high heel pumps on her feet.  Braddock turns to face the camera and waits patiently as the music continues playing in the background, but stares intensely into the camera.  Slowly the music does begin to die down and once it has gone completely silent The British Bombshell begins to speak.

“I had two goals going into Rise To Greatness.  One goal was to make damn sure that Syren lost the SCW World Championship.  Any continuation of that bloody tart’s reign as champion was completely unacceptable.  Syren had let her ego get the best of her and she had become a monster within this company.  Something had to be done, she had to be given a reality check and reminded of her own mortality, and most importantly she needed to have the world championship taken away from her.  All of that was accomplished on the grandest stage of them all, the main event of Rise To Greatness.”

“The second goal was to become the SCW World Champion. I truly believed that I was the one who could take out Syren.  I truly believe that I was the one who would walk into the main event of Rise To Greatness, defeat Syren and Allocco, and become the World Champion.  I thought it would be me who would liberate SCW from Syren and her god awful stench.” Braddock sighs and shakes her head. “Unfortunately it didn’t turn out that way.  And I can go on and on about how Abigail Lindsey got involved.  I could argue until the end of bloody time that if Abigail had not gotten involved, I would have become champion.  But the fact remains that we’ll never know.  What did happen is that Allocco won, Syren lost the title, and that last part was the silver lining in an otherwise disappointing event.”

“I was happy for Allocco at first.  Honestly, I was happy for the bloke.  But for all of the big talk about being a fighting champion and taking on worthy challengers, he refused to accept my challenge.  He kept ducking me and kept saying that I was unworthy.  Unworthy, Alistaire?”  The British Bombshell chuckles.

“That’s just laughable, mate.  In fact, to me it sounded like you were avoiding me.  To me it sounded like you didn’t want to test yourself against The Best in the World one on one.  Again, that’s fine with me.  I knew I would get my hands on you in due time.  Meanwhile what happened to you?  What happened to that championship of yours?” A smirk forms upon her gorgeous face. “Oh, that’s right, you LOST it to Owen Cruze in your first title defense.”

Braddock shakes her head. “My, what a worthy champion you were, Allocco.  Couldn’t even get one title defense out of the way before losing it!  And speaking of our new champion, my congratulations go out to Owen Cruze.” The British Bombshell begins to applaud a genuine, sincere clap for Owen. “And I do mean that, mate.  Unlike some people who will cry foul about you receiving the title match at Apocalypse, I was quite pleased to see that Sasha and SCW are looking towards the future of this industry and whether anyone likes it or not, young competitors like you are the future.  As for being deserving and worthy?  You beat the world champion and there were no doubts, no what ifs, no hypothetical scenarios that can be brought into play because this was one on one.  And I cannot wait to get into the ring and test myself against you.  I mean that.  I enjoy being challenged myself by the best this company and any company I associate myself with are willing to throw at me.  So at Breakdown I hope you and I get to be in the ring against one another at least once.”

“Those are the two I want to get my hands on at Breakdown.  Owen I want to fight out of respect for him and out of respect for the traditions of this sport. Alistaire I want to fight him just so I can bust him in his bloody mouth and choke him out.  Then there’s James Evans…” Braddock’s voice trails off. “My cousin told me a lot about you mate.  You should remember her, right?  Angelica Jones.  The crazy redhead who apparently is best friends with Sienna Swann now.  Angelica told me nothing but good things, by the way.  Despite her associations she does respect you.  She likes you.  But she did tell me quite a bit about what makes you tick inside the ring.  And I’ll be watching for it very closely.  Much like Owen, I look forward to facing you James.  Your accolades are quite notable.  You have achieved a great deal in this company already and your purpose for fighting, fighting corruption and fighting for redemption, it is a notable cause, one worth applauding.  If more athletes would fight for that cause and not just for their own greed and ego?  Some even claim to fight for those causes in the public eye while secretly fight for themselves.” She shakes her head. “It’s sickening.”

“Still, I have been avoiding the elephant in the room, haven’t I?  The one question that all three of you blokes probably think you know the answer to.  Will Glory Braddock be able to work together with Sienna Swann and Bree Lancaster?” A chuckle escapes her lips. “That bloody stuck up naive child Alistaire thinks he knows who I am.  James has probably made a judgment of his own based simply upon the recent actions of my family.  The only person who I feel may truly give me a fair trial here would be Mr. Cruze, our world champion.  I know how things go in our business and the fact is that there is no such thing as a fair trial in our business.  The fans, the locker room, everyone judges you as guilty or innocent before the evidence can even be presented.  Before you hear anyone’s side of the story you make a judgment call.”

A much more serious look crosses her face. “Look into my eyes and know this to be fact; I am a consummate professional.  Ever since my debut match back in 2008 I have always acted as a professional once that bell rang.  I will admit to not always being a professional OUTSIDE the ring but INSIDE the ring, once the bell rang, I always carried myself as a professional and I will carry myself as a professional on Breakdown.  Sienna and Bree are my partners, per Sasha’s booking, and that is bad news for James, Owen, and Allocco; because that means I will do everything within my power and within the traditions and honor of the sport of professional wrestling to ensure that the United States Champion, the Iron Angel, and The Best in the World are going to walk out victorious.”

“Afterwards?” Braddock shakes her head. “All bets are off.  Between the bells I will do my job as a professional, because no matter whether you call me The British Bombshell, The Best in the World, a world class bitch, or whatever insult you want to throw my way, the one thing that I DAMN sure am beyond the shadow of any doubt is a wrestler.  I am a wrestler at my core and that’s what I do.  That’s what I will do on Breakdown.  I will compete with five of the very best SCW has to offer and do everything I can to make sure my team wins.”

The British Bombshell shrugs her shoulders. “Yet there are still those of you who will question my loyalties heading into this match.  Why?  Because I spoke to Sienna at the end of Breakdown?  Because Sasha for some reason chose to pair me with Sienna and Bree in a six person tag?  Question me all you want.  You may be right, you may be wrong, but for any of you who still doesn’t know what will happen, for those of you who want to know where my loyalties lie.  Remember this statement, the motto I have lived by and fought for for years…” there is a long tense pause as Braddock stares intensely into the camera.  Finally…

“...Sic Semper Tyrannis…”

Braddock turns and walks out of the scene stage left.  The camera fades to black.

No comments:

Post a Comment