Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Ashes to Ashes: Part 4



==========
November 6th, 2019
Raleigh, NC
Off Camera
==========

SCW Breakdown is going to be held in Omaha, Nebraska on a Friday this week instead of its usual Wednesday airtime.  This gives “The British Bombshell” Glory Braddock an opportunity to finish settling the affairs of her late father Glenn Braddock.  Glenn Braddock passed on shortly before SCW Under Attack and with his death means that Glory now has sole title to his entire estate, an estate that includes the Braddock Wrestling School which she, at the time, owned only through a Life Estate, which in legal terms means that while Glory technically did “own it” her father still had the right to use it as he saw fit up through the end of his natural life.  This Life Estate was applied to all of Glenn Braddock’s entire estate and now, with his passing, Glory has all of it in her name, completely.

It shouldn’t be that easy; there is another sibling involved, the woman formerly known as Julia Braddock, Glory’s sister Chastity.  In reality, with two sisters involved, everything should have been divided evenly between them.  Glory would gladly have shared the inheritance with her sister if Chastity had not disavowed and rejected the entire family.  Chastity rejected her father, why should she get any part of the inheritance?  This is why she was left out of the will.  This is why everything was left to Glory in the Life Estate.

Now Glory Braddock, as the sole owner of a promotion herself in Global Championship Wrestling, the sole owner of Braddock Wrestling School, and as a performer in Supreme Championship Wrestling hoping to someday win another world championship finds herself a very busy young lady in the sport of professional wrestling.  So on her way to Omaha, Nebraska for the Friday edition of SCW Breakdown she decided to make a stop in Raleigh, North Carolina, the headquarters for GCW.  There she decided to call an emergency meeting of the GCW Board of Directors and make a proposal.

The Board of Directors won’t like being called up on such short notice but the blonde haired beauty doesn’t really give a damn.  This is family business, her family business, and she will have her voice heard.

The boardroom is tasteful in a corporate way - nothing interesting enough to cause offence no matter what a person's preferences might be.  The walls were covered with grey and ivory wallpapers and motivational photography with silver frames.  There was a long rectangular brown wood oak table with chairs lining all around it. Every line was straight, every corner sharp, and the chairs looking as comfortable as a train station bench.






This is what brings her to GCW Headquarters today in Raleigh, NC.  She is sitting at the front of the long rectangular table inside the conference room.  The beautiful blonde is wearing a black pencil skirt that flatters her curves, a matching black suit coat over a white silky blouse.  Her feet are encased in black peep-toe high heeled pumps.  Her long golden locks of hair hang to just below the shoulders.  The British Bombshell stares with a sickeningly sweet smile across the table at the nine individuals, five men and four women, who make up the GCW Board of Directors.  One of them is somewhere bordering between overweight and obese and has wild brown hair.  He definitely does not look the part of a board member, his name is David Beaver and he runs the meeting usually.  He is directly across from Glory and speaking at this time.

“Ms. Braddock, while we are always pleased to have you in our presence...” the tone Beaver is striking is one dripping with sarcasm and Glory can tell.  Braddock and the Board have a love/hate relationship with one another from the moment she purchased this promotion.  One board member in particular, Donald, a balding man who sits to the right of Beaver, takes particular issue with Glory.  None of them are happy that Glory divides her time between GCW, the wrestling school, and SCW.  But again, Glory doesn’t really care what they think of her.  She just needs to convince them to side with her on this latest proposal. “...this meeting was a surprise to all of us and I believe I am safely speaking for everyone when I say that you asked a great deal of us to change our schedules around just to meet your rather busy schedule.”

“I understand, Mr. Beaver, and I do not think we have to sugarcoat anything.  Say what everyone is thinking, you do not like my divided attention.  You hate the fact that I am still an active wrestler on top of running this company and running a wrestling school back in England.”

“That would be accurate, Ms. Braddock.”

“Yes, I knew that.” Glory says with a smirk on her face. “But I have a proposal for the board today that I believe will solve this problem...or at the very least make it more tolerable in your eyes.”

“Is that so?” David Beaver asks with genuine curiosity on his face.  Donald remains stone-faced and skeptical.  Braddock responds with a nod of her head.

“Absolutely.  I guarantee it and all I ask is just to hear me out.”

“You did ask all of us to be here, Ms. Braddock.  So the floor is yours.” Beaver declares.  Glory grins as she gets up out of her chair so she will have a more imposing presence upon the board members who remain seated.  All attention and all eyes are upon her as she begins to walk around the room and make her pitch.

“Well like I said, there is no need to sugarcoat things.  When I first purchased this company from GDW back in 2012 you were unhappy with me as the new owner.  Primarily because I was still an active wrestler.  You didn’t think I could separate my responsibilities.  Later my father would allow me to run his wrestling school and that just added even more frustration to our already shaky relationship.  Finally, I would join SCW and ever since then it’s just been like walking on egg shells, am I right?  All of you want to say it but none of you have the guts to do so…” her voice trails off.

“What is it that we do not have ‘the guts’ to say, Ms. Braddock?” Donald asks. Glory was hoping he’d ask.  She smirks.

“That you lot hate my bloody guts.  You wish that my time were not so divided and thus maybe, just maybe, you lot could get a little more of my attention.  Apologies in advance because even with this proposed solution I cannot and will not guarantee any extra time.”

“Because you are busy chasing another promotion’s world championship.” Donald quips.

“Bloody right I am and I will continue to chase it and chase the bloody tart that’s holding it until I pry it from her cold dead hands as they say.” Braddock says with an intensity in her voice.  She quickly regains her composure with a deep breath.

“Donald, please, at least hear Ms. Braddock out.” David Beaver replies.  Glory grins from ear to ear as she watches Donald slump in his chair, glaring angrily at her.

“Thank you, Mr. Beaver.  Now then, I do have a solution that should at least make the situation more tolerable for all of us.  I owned my father’s wrestling school, you all knew that, but what you may not have known was that it was through Life Estate, which meant I could not do anything with it until his passing.  Now that I am the sole owner of the Braddock Wrestling School and I already am the sole owner of Global Championship Wrestling, I am proposing a consolidation of these two assets of mine.”

“A merger?” Beaver asks with an arched brow.  Glory nods her head in confirmation.

“Yes, I believe a merge of two entities into one will make things much easier for me to manage.”

“I must admit, Ms. Braddock, that while I was a skeptic at first, you have won me over.” David Beaver remarks. “This sounds like a potentially good idea.”

The British Bombshell cannot hide her confident smile.  Knowing she won over David Beaver is a great sign.  That’s when Donald stands up and faces Glory.  She frowns as she can only imagine what he has to say.  He has always opposed her on everything she has ever done within GCW.  How will he oppose her this time?

“While I do admit that the idea sounds wonderful, I must also point out that Ms. Braddock clearly has not done her homework on this little proposal of hers.”

“What do you mean, mate?” Glory asks in a demanding tone.  

“I received a call yesterday from Clegg Mabry, the attorney representing a Ms. Chastity Alexis Noel.  According to Mr. Mabry, your sister still has a legal right to the wrestling school.”

“Impossible.” Glory shakes her head. “I have the bloody will of my father and she was written out completely the day she disavowed the Braddock family!”

“If you don’t believe me, read it for yourself…” Donald reaches out and hands Glory a document.  Braddock proceeds to read it.  She notices that it has been notarized and whatever it is, is perfectly legal.  The eyes of The British Bombshell grow wide as she continues to read.  She drops the paper on the table.

“She’s....she’s threatening to sue?”

“Correct and I am of the opinion that GCW should not get caught up in what is clearly YOUR own private family feud.  Settle your dispute, Ms. Braddock, and then maybe we will consider your proposal.  Until then, I move that we table this indefinitely.”

The motion was made and seconded quickly by the female sitting to David Beaver’s left.  Glory can only watch as the motion passes with ease.  She thought she could settle her father’s affairs with ease but no, not likely.  It appears as if there will be some difficulty.  And now she has to go see her sister.

==========
November 11th, 2019
London, England
Off Camera
==========

It is quiet right now in the office of Glory Braddock at the Braddock Wrestling School.  The stillness in the air is not unlike the calm before a storm and to say that a storm is imminent would be an understatement.  The British Bombshell is at her desk, drumming her fingers on the polished oak finish, as she waits impatiently on the arrival of her sister.

A few days have passed since the catastrophe that was the board meeting in which Glory was humiliated, having to find out right there in front of the entire GCW Board of Directors that Chastity Noel, Glory’s biological sister, was threatening to sue for ownership of the Braddock Wrestling School.  What’s more is that none of it makes logical sense.  Moreover it doesn’t make sense; it was in the will that Glory got everything and Chastity would receive nothing as a punishment for leaving the family…

...at least, that’s what she had thought the will said…

Braddock is wearing denim jeans, black boots, and a red sleeveless top.  Her long blonde hair hangs unrestrained to below her shoulders. She continues to drum her fingers on the desk impatiently until the door to her office opens.  She looks up to see Sophie O’Brian standing there.

“What is it?” Glory asks. “Is she here?”

“She’s here.” Sophie confirms. “Should I kick her bloody ass?”

Glory smirks; that’s one thing she loves about Sophie.  She is never subtle. Braddock shakes her head. “No...just let her in…”

“Sure.” With that Sophie exits and then shuts the door behind her.  The British Bombshell takes in a deep breath as she braces herself for what she can only imagine will be a very awkward meeting with her sister.  Before she was angry with Chastity for rejecting the family but now to turn right around and try to claim the family’s estate?  In Glory’s opinion she cannot have her cake and eat it too.  You cannot reject the family but also have its perks too.  She will make sure this point is argued.

It isn’t long until the office door opens once more.  This time she watches as her blonde haired younger sister Chastity Alexis Noel enters the room.  What catches Glory off guard is the individual who follows Chastity into the office; a man in a dark gray suit and tie.

“Hello dear sister,” Chastity says cheerfully, she then motions to the man behind her “this is my attorney, Clegg Mabry.  He is here to just make sure everything is on the up and up and that we understand one another.”

Braddock shoots up out of her chair.  She gets nose to nose with her sister. “You really have sunk to new lows, you know that?  And to think, I could have just let Sophie have her way with you.”

“Is that a threat?” Chastity makes ‘tsk’ noise over and over as she shakes her head. “Not wise, Gloria.  Not wise to make threats in the presence of my attorney.”

Chastity motions to Clegg one more time. “Clegg, dear, this is my temperamental sister Glory.  Glory, this is my attorney Clegg Mabry.”

Mabry extends his hand. “A pleasure.” Glory stares at his hand and then stares back up at him, incredulous that he would even think that Glory would want to shake his hand.  A few moments later he retracts his hand.  Glory Braddock then sits back down at her desk and Chastity and Clegg find seats nearby.

“You know what, mate, lets just cut right to the chase.  What is it that you want?”

“I thought my attorney made that perfectly clear to your Board of Directors.” Chastity chuckles. “I just want what is rightfully mine.”

“I call bullshit on that, mate.” Glory snaps back with venom dripping from her lips. “So let me put it to you this way, what is your endgame?  I mean, you went to a lot of bloody trouble disassociating yourself with the family.  What is it that you hope to accomplish by suddenly come crawling back to the Braddock family that you rejected?”

“Look at you, you’re so judgmental and so high and mighty, when in reality you are not all that better than me.” Chastity remarks with a sweet smile of her own. “You may not like me, you may not like my decisions, but what you cannot change is the fact that Glenn Braddock was my father and as such I am entitled to some of the inheritance.”

“What is that you think you’re entitled to?” Glory demands.

“Half.  Either half ownership of the school or half of the value of the school.  Either would be fair, I think, unless of course you want to take this to court and risk a pricey court battle.”

“So you’re using blackmail to try to wriggle your way into control of the school?” Glory rolls her eyes. “That’s your game then.  Well it isn’t going to work, JULIA…” she uses her birth name intentionally, knowing it will rile her sister up “...because you are not getting the school.”

“I just want half and as Glenn Braddock’s daughter I am entitled to it!” Chastity exclaims, getting angrier now.

“You are no longer his daughter, JULIA,” again the usage of her birth name “you said so yourself.  Thus you have no rights to it.”

“Never once did I say that I was no longer his daughter.” She shakes her head. “I never turned my back on him, and that’s despite all of the reasons he gave me to turn my back on him and there were plenty, you cannot deny that.  What I said was Mary Ford was no longer my mother.  I turned my back on her.  I took on the name Chastity Noel because Aphrodite was more of a parental figure to me than either Mary or Glenn ever could have hoped to be.  But I never once denied or turned on Glenn Braddock.”

“You talk this sweet talk now but where were you in his final days?” Glory demands angrily, the blonde is seething. “I was there taking care of him.  I was with him when he died.  You were nowhere to be found until this came up, until his inheritance was mentioned.  Suddenly you want to be involved with the family because there are dollar signs in front of your face.”

Chastity shakes her head in disbelief. “I honestly don’t know what you’re so bloody upset about.  It’s just half.  I would even accept half the value of the school and you can keep the damn thing.  I’m not even being spiteful about all of this and I’m not being greedy.  To prove it I’m willing to compromise, because all I want is what is owed.  Clegg…”

Glory turns and looks over at the attorney. “Ms. Braddock, while my client would prefer half the value of the wrestling school or half ownership of the school itself, she would also accept instead full ownership of Global Championship Wrestling…”

“What?!” Glory exclaims.  “She is bloody daft if she thinks she is getting her hands on GCW!”

“My client will allow you to retain full ownership of GCW, full ownership of this school, and she will drop the lawsuit without asking for any monetary payout if you perform one small action for her.”

Braddock turns and glares at Chastity. “What is it?”

“Change your name” Chastity tells her.

“Huh?” Glory is taken aback, confused.

“Those people out there, Sophie and Mark, Randall Williams, they all looked down upon me.  Even the students, I got dirty looks from them because they recognized me as the Braddock daughter who turned her back on the family and it’s your fault because you painted me in that light.” Chastity points an accusatory finger at Glory.  “I don’t really care what you change your name to but I want you to do the same thing you’re bloody pissed off at me for.  I want those people out there to look down upon you.  I want you to feel the same way I have been feeling.  So you can have the school and you can have GCW and I will drop the lawsuit but first you must humble yourself.”

“You’re insane.” Glory shakes her head. “I’ll take my chances in court.”

“I figured you would say that.” Chastity stands up. “Fine, I will take you to court.  I may not win but I will make sure you spend every dime you have in order to fight this.  Even if I don’t win, I will hurt you.”

Chastity turns and walks off with her attorney Clegg Mabry in tow.  Glory Braddock sighs as she buries her face in her hands.






==========
On Camera
==========

The background is a large Union Jack, the flag of the United Kingdom.  “God Save The Queen” is being played as well as cameras come into focus.  A few moments later the gorgeous blonde haired British Bombshell steps into view from stage right.  Glory Braddock is wearing a purple skirt, matching purple black high heeled pumps, and a floral print white blouse.  Her long blonde hair hangs to below her shoulders as she steps the center in front of the flag background.  The music slowly dies down and when it comes to a complete stop it is then that Braddock begins to speak.

“You can’t imagine the excitement that I am feeling knowing that in a couple of days I will compete in front of my people at my birthplace of London.  London, England has long been home turf for the Braddock family.  My father got his wrestling career started in London competing on the UK circuits where he quickly grew to become known as Britain’s Best.  Eventually things came full circle; now I’m the one competing on the grand stages.  I even competed against big names here, I won championships here, and coming here to London is always a beautiful homecoming for yours truly.”

A deep, intense gaze forms across the face of The British Bombshell. “But this isn’t about championships or glory or even the joy it feels to compete before my people.  This is about sending a message to one of the two biggest tyrants in Supreme Championship Wrestling today.”

“Sienna, there was a time I trusted you and I was foolish to do so.  But even before you tricked me into trusting you I had always looked at you as the lesser of the two evils.  I always believed Syren was a far worse human being than you.” Glory shakes her head. “The sad truth is that you are two peas in a pod, you are on and the same, same devil different face.  And you know, while it may have been uttered in jest, the name Syren Swann truly is appropriate because you are no better than her.  You have zero respect for this business, you have zero respect for the spirit of competition, you have zero respect for the rules and you are willing to do anything to get on top and stay on top.”

“You try to mask all of it through charitable and other public relations events as well through your modeling…Beauty Factory my ass...you and your crew of hooligans are no better than a gang of thugs, plain and simple, and something needs to be done about you lot.” Braddock pats herself on the chest.

“And I’m just the one to do it!  Now I understand that this isn’t for the SCW World Championship and that’s ok, because like I said this isn’t about championships.  This is about driving a message into your thick skull that SCW will not be your personal plaything any longer!  Because you’re not dealing with the same Glory Braddock that was so easily fooled a few weeks ago; oh no, my eyes are wide open and I see your bullshit clear as a bloody bell.  And do you know what I see?”

A smirk forms upon her face. “I see someone who is afraid.  You’re afraid of the competition so you do anything and everything within your power to ensure that there is no competition.  Here’s a newsflash Syren Swann, everyone is beginning to grow wise to your crap, including me.  So on Breakdown there will be no kid gloves.  I treat you as the same monster Syren is, because the fact is that you two ARE that same monster, you two ARE the same tyrant that needs to be taken down a few notches.  And while I may not take the championship away from you on Breakdown, choking you out or tapping you out in front of my people will be good enough for me.  Sic Semper Tyrannis…”

The British Bombshell turns and walks off stage left.  The camera fades to black.


No comments:

Post a Comment