Saturday, December 16, 2017

Motivation

==========
Off Camera
==========

At the end of the year Supreme Championship Wrestling has a special event; its End of the Year Special Rumble.  A cash money prize of $250,000 and a new car is on the line.  It always attracts a crowd to come out and try their hand inside of the SCW ring.  This year, though, there’s an added incentive for the best wrestlers in the world to showcase their talents in SCW.

SCW superstar Ace Marshall cashed in his trios contract and has put the SCW Adrenaline Championship on the line in this match as well.  Even without the incentive, even without the potential of becoming a champion in SCW, there is one individual who was already making plans on setting foot inside of the SCW squared circle for the first time ever; a woman who calls herself “The British Bombshell” and proudly, sometimes arrogantly, declares herself to be “The Best In The World”…

…Glory Braddock.  She is the daughter of a famous British amateur wrestler Glenn Braddock.  She learned the tricks of the amateur wrestling game from her famous father but picked up her professional wrestling lessons from her older cousin, SCW superstar Angelica Jones.  Braddock then made her debut in 2008 and now, nearly ten years later, she has done it all in professional wrestling.  As a wrestler she is a fourteen time and currently reigning world champion.  She has been a wrestling trainer and has owned and operated her own wrestling organization, Global Championship Wrestling.  And now, Glory is the General Manager of Motor City Wrestling.

Now she sees this End of the Year Battle Royal as a new challenge, one she intends to tackle head on.

The British Bombshell finds herself in the Detroit offices of Motor City Wrestling.  The office was painted grey, and it had only one floor-to-ceiling window, which faced the main road. On the grey desk sat a desktop computer, a notebook lying open, and a stack of papers sitting under a turtle-shaped paperweight. In a corner, the air conditioner was blasting at medium, and there was a swivel chair in the middle of the office. A bookshelf, bursting with books was in a corner, with yet another stack of papers under a paperweight that was shaped to look like a tuft of grass. A few pens were lying on the papers, but some had fallen onto the top of the bookshelf.

She is sitting in her office, behind her desk, that is right by a large window that overlooks the Detroit skyline.  The beautiful blonde is wearing a black pencil skirt that flatters her curves, a matching black suit coat over a white silky blouse.  Her feet are encased in black peep-toe high heeled pumps.  Her long dirty blonde locks of hair hang to just below the shoulders.  Business is being done this very moment, as one can see from her talking on the phone…

“Motor City Wrestling is the perfect place for your client.  Trust me.   We have experienced people on our staff and veteran MCW stars who want to see this place succeed, not to mention a whole host of new blood, new stars just like your client who want to build a new legacy for themselves.” She watches as the door opens and her husband, Kurt Logan, walks in.  He’s wearing brown khaki pants, tennis shoes, and a button up blue cotton shirt.  A broad grin forms across Glory’s face as she mouths the word “hi” to him but still listening intently to the person on the other end of her phone conversation.

“Yes...” she nods her head “yes, I understand.  You and your client take all the time you need, I do not want to pressure you or your client, but do keep us in mind and give me a call, ok?” There is another pause and as she listens and nods her head. “Good, talk to you later, mate.  Bye.”

She hangs up the phone and then looks over at Kurt. “Funny seeing you here.”

“I thought I’d surprise you, babe.” Kurt chuckles as he motions to the telephone on her desk. “I see you’ve been busy recruiting.”

“The never ending job of being General Manager.  I need to make sure that MCW is full of new blood.  I mean, we do have great veterans here, myself included, who want to make this place great again, but we can’t continue to hold MCW up on our shoulders.  Whether you agree with her tactics or not, Trinity Street is right, this company will someday belong to the new stars, the future of MCW.  And it’s up to me to find that future.”

“Well you know what I think?” Kurt asks as he approaches Glory at her desk.

“What’s that?”

“I think that you are beautiful, intelligent, and that you truly are The Best in the World when it comes to professional wrestling, every aspect of it…you’re a good wrestler, you are a good trainer, you are a good executive…and anyone in their right mind should know that they would be damn lucky to get to work with you.”

Glory smiles warmly, blushing furiously as she gets up out of her chair, standing up, and approaches Kurt, allowing herself to be taken into his arms with a tight embrace as they kiss passionately for a brief moment.  Upon breaking the embrace and kiss Glory winks at him.

“Thanks, Kurt.  You know I always appreciate your vote of confidence. I couldn’t do any of this without you.”

“I still don’t understand why you do continue to do as much as you are doing.” Kurt says as he wraps his strong, comforting arms around his wife’s waist.  His loving eyes gazing deep into her eyes. “You’ve given ten years of your life to this business and in that time you’ve done so much.  Fourteen time world champion…”

“Check.” Glory says with a grin.

“You’ve led some of the next generation of superstars into this business.”

“Check.”

“You resurrected Global Championship Wrestling and you are now General Manager of Motor City Wrestling, responsible for leading it into a brand new future.”

“Check and check.”

“So I have to ask, why do you keep it up?  Why do you keep doing this?”

“Do you really want to know, love?”

“Yes.” Kurt says, nodding his head.

“Fine, but first,” she motions to her swivel chair “sit.”

Kurt nods and sits down in the chair.  Glory Braddock then sits down in his lap, wrapping her arms around his neck before planting a kiss on his cheek.

“Wrestling isn’t just a career or a sport for me.  Wrestling has done so much for me.  I grew up lacking for nothing, living very comfortably because of what wrestling gave to my father.  Wrestling helped me to reconnect with my cousins from the Jones family.  And then there’s the greatest gift of them all…” She kisses Kurt on the lips again “…I met you because of wrestling.”

“Yeah, I guess our marriage is a pretty good gift.” Kurt says with a cheesy grin.

“But you’re right, I have achieved so much in this industry.  I just think it is time that I gave back in some way.  What I do now is no longer a selfish quest to make myself look good or to pad my record.  There’s no need for that.  Fourteen world titles later and I can comfortably say that I am The Best in the World.  I’m selflessly giving back, just as I selflessly gave wrestling GCW and as I am now selflessly giving wrestling a great MCW.”

“Ok, I admit that the selfless route is good, but can you explain how entering SCW’s End of the Year Rumble selfless on your part when two hundred fifty thousand dollars, a new car, and the SCW Adrenaline Championship is all on the line?”

Glory chuckles lightly as she turns her gaze away from Kurt just momentarily. “So you heard?”

“The rumors were definitely there.  Angelica certainly thinks you are entering.”

Kurt is referencing the social media war of words that Glory Braddock and her older cousin Angelica Jones had.  Though it really wasn’t a “war” per se, more a tense exchange, but it was clear that Angelica knew what Glory was planning and that, for whatever reason, did not approve of her plan one bit.

“I have no idea what Angelica’s problem is with me entering The End of the Year Rumble and quite frankly, I don’t care either, because I’m going to do whatever I want to do.  But as for the End of the Year Rumble itself, I can promise you that this is not for my own selfish gain.  I assure you of that.”

“But what do you possibly have to gain from this?  You don’t need the money or the car and you definitely don’t need the championship?”

“You’re right, I don’t.”

“So why?” Kurt asks, looking somewhat dumbfounded. “Why are you entering?”

“Just trust me, love.” She kisses him on the cheek. “Ok?”

Kurt is about to respond when the door to her office swings open wildly.  Glory Braddock immediately hops up off of her husband’s lap, concerned that someone she works with would catch her in a compromising position.  But that isn’t the case.  The person entering her office with a look of angst on her face is none other than Angelica Jones.  The matriarch of the Jones family is wearing a knee length black skirt, short sleeved red floral print blouse, and black high heeled pumps.  Her nails are painted red.  Her long gorgeous ginger locks of hair hang down unrestrained to shoulder length.

“Yeah, please, come on in…” Glory says, greeting her cousin with sarcasm dripping from her voice.

“Can it, Gloria.” Angelica remarks as she approaches the desk.  She looks at Glory and then down at Kurt who still sits in the chair.  She then looks back up at Glory with a frown. “Did I interrupt something?”

“You could say that.”

“Well you two can do your thing later.  You and I need to talk, Glory.” Angelica then glares angrily at Kurt. “Alone.”

“Is that so?” Kurt asks as he stands up out of the chair and faces down Angelica.  But before anything can get out of hand Glory gets in between the two of them.

“Kurt, don’t…” Glory sighs as she shakes her head “…just leave, ok?  I’ll see you later.”

“Right,” Kurt doesn’t like it but he abides by his wife’s wishes “I’ll see you later.”

Kurt walks away from the desk and starts to head towards the door.  His eyes never leave Angelica and hers never leave Kurt either, for that matter.  Glory sighs as she watches all of this from afar until finally Kurt opens the door, exits the office, and shuts the door behind him.  Once Kurt is gone, Angelica turns to face Glory again with a sneer on her face.

“So is that the only way I can get you to listen to me?  I have to sit in your lap and make out with you?”

“Quit being a smart ass, mate.” Glory snaps back, unyielding as she places her hands on her hips and stares across the desk at Angelica. “What’s your problem anyway?”

“You should know damn well what my problem is.  We spoke about this on twitter, remember?”

“How can I forget?” Glory rolls her eyes. “That was downright embarrassing.”

“And you can make this all go away if you just don’t enter the SCW End of the Year Rumble.”

Glory Braddock sighs as she shakes her head, indicating her answer.  But leaving no doubt she sits down in the swivel chair, ostensibly crosses her legs, and smirks at her cousin.

“No.”

“Why not?!”

“I just don’t want to, Angelica.  Next question.”

“You’re being too damn stubborn.” Angelica remarks out of frustration, pulling at her own hair at one point.

“Who the hell are you to talk to me about being stubborn?” Glory says with a chuckle in her voice. “The answer is still no, by the way.  You’re not talking me out of this.  I will enter the SCW End of the Year Rumble and that’s that, Angelica.”

Angelica approaches the desk and leans over so that she is staring deep into Glory’s eyes.  Glory can see the anger building up in her eyes but she doesn’t let it shake her.  She knows how Angelica is and she has handled her before.  She will handle her again if necessary.

“You really shouldn’t do this, Glory.”

“Why not?”

“Well…” Angelica’s voice trails off as she straightens herself back up, clearly pausing to think of a good excuse “…well, you’re going to have wear some sexy costume in order to enter the damn thing!  Are you seriously prepared to make yourself into a sex object for Ace Marshall’s damn enjoyment just to enter that stupid rumble?”

“Your concern is touching but completely unwarranted, mate.  I am proud of my body and I know how good looking I can be.  Now if Ace wants to get all googly-eyed at me, that’s fine, it doesn’t bother me because I’ll just make sure I eliminate his immature ass on my way to winning the whole thing.”

“Seriously?” Angelica looks on incredulously. “The sexy costume stipulation doesn’t bother you?”

“Not in the slightest.  It isn’t like I’m going to be the only one out there having to do that shit.  But I have a feeling,” she winks at Angelica “that Ace’s sexy costume stipulation isn’t the real reason you’re worried.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Angelica denies, shaking her head vehemently.

“You’re a terrible liar, Angelica.  We didn’t grow up together, because my dad kept me in jolly ole’ most of my life, but that doesn’t mean I don’t know you.  Ten years is a long time to get to know somebody and I think we have gotten to know each other rather well and I know that you aren’t the type of person who would get your knickers in a twist over an immature wanker like Ace Marshall.”

“What kind of person am I, then?”

“You’re the type of person who’d punch a bloke like him in the bloody mouth.” Glory says with a smirk on her face.

Despite the tension that is mounting in this office, we finally see a smile on Angelica’s face as she nods her head in agreement with Glory Braddock.

“Yeah, you’re right about that, Ace’s antics don’t bother me a whole lot, and if they did I’d just assume to knock him on his ass.”

“Good, we’re finally being honest here.” Glory leans forward in her chair. “Now tell me, what the hell is your real problem with me entering this End of the Year Special?”

“Right to the point, eh Glory?”

“That’s always been my style, mate.”

“Fine, have it your way.” Angelica sighs. “But it goes back awhile…longer than just a few weeks or months ago…”

“I have all day.” Glory leans back in her chair.

“I still don’t think you get it.” Angelica shakes her head. “It goes back to 2008, Glory.  It goes back to when you made your professional debut in Global Division of Wrestling.  I was competing there at the time as well but my pro-debut, which occurred in 2003, was nowhere near the level of yours.  In your pro-debut you won a one night single elimination tournament to become a champion.”

“I also lost it that same night because the boss had it in for my family.” Glory answers back. “Not one of my finer moments.”

“Still, you made a huge instantaneous impact, a bigger impact than I had made.  And you rose to the top quicker than I did.  You had more successes in GDW in a quicker amount of time than I had.  So I spread my wings and figured I’d do something that surely you couldn’t and be successful in two places.  I went to Motor City Wrestling and in no time flat I found myself winning the world championship.  But what did you do?  You joined me over there and just like with GDW, you outdid me.  No you’re the general manager of MCW.  I never got to participate in that manner.”

“Angelica…” Glory tries to interrupt but Angelica doesn’t stop.

“I’m not done, because then there was Global Championship Wrestling.  Sure, I was never a GCW Original, but my sister was.  Kayla was part of the original GCW, the original crew who built it from the ground up.  While it wasn’t mine directly at least my family contributed.  But then you bought GCW and you made it your own.”

“I don’t own GCW any longer.”

“But you still resurrected it!” Angelica exclaims. “Everywhere you go you one-up me!  Everywhere you go you outdo me!  And…”

Angelica throws her head back and lets out an exasperated sigh.  She looks back at Glory and shakes her head.

“Supreme Championship Wrestling is my home now, Glory.  I’ve been here for several years and in that time I have won two tag team championships with Kayla.  Now you stand on the precipice of potentially outdoing me here as well by entering this rumble and winning it.  Don’t do that to me.  Let me at least have SCW.”

“Is that what’s bothering you, mate?” Glory chuckles as she gets up out of her chair. “Your ego is bothering you just wee bit there, cousin?”

“Don’t make fun of me, Glory!”

“Sorry about that, but still, don’t you think it’s a little silly?  You and I have both had tremendously successful careers.  There’s no point in trying to see who had the better career.  You focus on you and I’ll focus on me.  But Angelica, really, I can assure you that my entering this End of the Year Rumble has absolutely nothing to do with the cash money because I do not need it, I definitely don’t need the car, and no, I’m not even motivated by the SCW Adrenaline Championship.”

“So what are you motivated by?  What motivates you to enter this thing?”

“That doesn’t matter.” Glory shakes her head. “But rest assured that this End of the Year Special is the only time you will ever see me set foot inside of an SCW ring.”

“So what happens if you win the whole thing and become Adrenaline Champion?”

“I’ll just give it up, I guess.” Glory says with a grin on her face.  After she says this there is a pause as Angelica and Glory stare at one another.  Finally Angelica sighs and nods her head.

“You’re really going through with it aren’t you?”

“That’s right.”

“And I can’t talk you out of it, can I?”

“Nope.”

“And that is your final answer?  That is your decision?”

“I have made my decision, yes.”

“Fine, but you will regret making that decision.”

Angelica turns to walk away and Glory watches her, cocking her head to one side and calling out to her at the last minute as she gets to the door.

“Wait…was that a threat, Angelica?”

“That was no threat.” Angelica says as she stops at the door with one hand on the door knob. “It was a promise.”

Angelica opens the door and makes her exit, shutting the door behind her. Once Angelica is gone Glory sits back down in the chair and sighs, shaking her head.

“What did I get myself into?”



==========
On Camera
==========

I bet most of you are wondering who the bloody hell I am?  You’re probably listening to me and thinking to yourself ‘great, another Brit’.  But trust me, I am not just any ‘Brit’.  A handful of you on this roster may have heard of me but most of you have no clue who I am.  What I am is your worst nightmare.  What I am is the reason why each and every one of your chances to win this End of the Year Battle Royal just dropped to zero.  I am The British Bombshell, I am The Best in the World, I am a fourteen time World Heavyweight Champion and current holder of the GCW World Heavyweight Championship, here representing GCW as well as Motor City Wrestling, where I serve as General Manager.

I am Glory Braddock and I am the person who is going to win the End of the Year Rumble.

Only a handful of people knew in advance that I would throw my name into the hat, that I would set foot into the SCW ring for this great big brawl, and those that did know in advance all asked me the same question…

…why?  Why am I entering this match?  What’s my motivation?  And, quite frankly, that’s a bloody good question.  I mean, I have accomplished so much in my ten year career that there really is nothing left for me to accomplish.  Am I really taking time out of my busy schedule serving the people of MCW and GCW just to feed my ego and prove that I can win this rumble match in SCW?

No, I’m not here to feed my ego. 

It certainly isn’t because I want to show off my body for the enjoyment of Cassidy Carter and Ace Marshall.  Honestly, I don’t care what they think.  But if they need to see me in a tight leather sexy suit to qualify for this then by God I’ll do it.  I even have a cute mask to along with it.  Just call me Black Canary.

I don’t need the cash, I’m certainly living comfortably enough.  I don’t need a new car.  And as prestigious as the SCW Adrenaline Championship is, and as proud as I will be to say that I was a former SCW Adrenaline Champion, I’m definitely not doing this just to pad my record.

I’m not doing this for selfish reasons.  I’m not doing this for me, to see what I can gain out of this.  I’m doing this for selfless reasons.

For ten years wrestling has been good to me. For ten years wrestling has allowed me to live comfortably, to reconnect with my family, and to meet the love of my life.  For ten years wrestling has allowed me to travel the globe and see the greatest fans from all around the world.  I’m now in the process of giving back.

I’ve given back by bringing back a formerly dead company and giving it new life.  I’ve given back by giving my time and effort into being the best general manager for MCW that I can be.  SCW now presents me with this grand opportunity to give back in another way, because when I win, I’m not going to accept the prize money.

The prize money is going to be given to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.

I’m not going to accept the car either.  I will auction it off and the funds received from the auction will also be given to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.

While I’ll be proud to be a former SCW Adrenaline Champion, it’ll have to be just that…a former champion.  Because, quite honestly, I am too busy to be a full time member of the SCW family.  But the SCW Adrenaline Championship is prestigious and I will be honored to be able to add it to my trophy case, but I’m definitely not motivated by the desire to pad my record.

This is about giving.  And it is appropriate because we are in the Christmas season and, you know, everyone says that Christmas should be more about giving than receiving.  So I say it one more time; I’m taking a damn thing from my victory.  It all goes to charity.  Hell, I’d donate the title belt too if I thought my charity could get some cash out of it but I figure that bloke Mr. D wouldn’t like that idea.

I’m motivated not by my own selfish desires but for the need to fight for a cause greater than my own.  And that spells disaster for everyone else in this match because what you may not know about me is that I fight harder when I am fighting for a cause greater than me.  I have more endurance and have an ability to take more punishment when I know that I am fighting for a cause greater than me.


So anyone who decides to enter this fight, I’m warning you right here and now, The British Bombshell takes no damn prisoners.  So at this End of the Year Special you may as well just kiss your asses goodbye, because I leave with nothing less than total victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment